Recommend bluetooth cellphone headset?
Jan 19, 2008 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

trains are bad

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm going to get one of these for my wife so she can call and talk to other people constantly and therefore leave me alone more. I want to get a decent one, she has an LG enV, the one with the internal qwerty keyboard.

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 9
It's not very compact, and an older model, but this one just keeps selling: Plantronics 510

I've used it on my older Razr (Verizon) and now Samsung 737 (AT&T) with good results. It looks like bluetooth headsets are just iffy with some phones, so it'd be a good idea to look for your wife's phone model within reviews.

Jan 19, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 9
I use the Acura TL.
smily_headphones1.gif

GAD

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 9
Aug 1, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #6 of 9
My Current Favorite is my Modded Jabra BT8010. Basically chopped the microphone off of the Etymotics ETY-COM and shoved it into the BT8010.

Here's my new Jabra BT8010 "Pro" version 2.

This time, the mic is shorter and fixed. It's now clamped in place, no glue or epoxy. It's very firmly in place. Although, if yank hard enough, I can pull it out if I really wanted to, but it should hold up to day to day use.

This time, the tiny pager vibration motor is left intact.

Edwood_BT8010_ProMod_v2_01.jpg

Edwood_BT8010_ProMod_v2_02.jpg

Edwood_BT8010_ProMod_v2_03.jpg

I also chopped the plug end of a spare stereo earpiece and made it into a lanyard adapter.

All in all, this time this mod was much much easier.

-Ed

Aug 2, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 9
I have the plantronics voyager 510. The sound quality is good, but if I have my phone in my pocket while I'm walking, I can hear static. It's best to have it out on a table or something. It's rather bulky by today's standards, but it's comfortable and fits well.

I wanted to try something new, so I got the Cardo S-800 for a friend. I got it based on the reviews on newegg. Newegg.com - CARDO SYSTEMS INC. S-800 Bluetooth Headset - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories

Aug 2, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 9
If you're still looking for a bluetooth headset... I'd recommend the
Jawbone. It has a very good noise suppression technology. And of course the looks.... well, they speak for themselves. It's a little on the pricier side.. but, it could be a good consideration.

The New Jawbone: The Best Bluetooth Headset Just Got Better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back