Ready to build Cmoy amp... but I need one thing
Sep 2, 2002 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

peter braun

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I have purchased all the necessary parts listed on the Tangent site to build the bare bones Cmoy amp except for one. The OPA2134PA suggested by the author is a Digi-Key product correct ? If so, does anyone know what the Radio Shack or Frys Electronics equivalent would be ? Also does anyone have a complete schematic for the project because I can find diagrams only for certain aspects. Thanks.

P.S. Thank you for all the quick and useful responses on my last post, this forum has really been great.

Sep 3, 2002 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 4
Eric's right: the only thing you'll find that's even close to suitable for audio at Radio Shack is the TL082, which I've reviewed somewhat disfavorably.

I've never been to a Fry's, so I did a search at their online store and found a product called "OP AMP". I find that rather amusing because that tells me that there is only one op-amp in their world -- in my world, there are thousands of types. Radio Shack at least carries a few different types... Anyway, the one op-amp Fry's seems to carry is the NTE941M, which appears to be a clone of the ancient (ca. late 60's) uA741, a Grade A dog of a chip.

PM me or email me and I'll arrange to send you a decent op-amp.

Sep 3, 2002 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, I will see if I can find anything better and if not, I will e-mail you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back