RE2 with plastic cable?
Feb 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NunoCotter

New Head-Fier
Hi. I'm kind of new in the forum and I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes.

Today I received a pair of Head-Direct RE2 but they were nothing like the images on the reviews or in the site. Packaging was just a small plastic case (not that I have nothing against it...) that seemed like 10 years old already. But the thing that really got me upset was the cable. It's just an ordinary black plastic cable. Wasn't it supposed to be fabric? I mean... The latest update on "Multiple IEM shoot-out" states it is fabric. If you look at the picture on the site you can see it's fabric. Is this normal or was I given an old version of the RE2?

Thanks

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Forget it. A friend of mine wanted to buy the RE2 and, unlike me, sent an email asking some questions about the cable. It seems it's not fabric anymore. I have to say I'm pleased with the sound, but microphonics could be better.

Anyway, Head-Direct has an excellent customer support. They reply to your email messages almost instantly.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 8
Even the cable may look cheap, it might be accually improvement compared to previous one. Head-direct is known to be changing things here and there, but always to improve things. At least, this is my experience.

I don't know about RE2, but RE0 needed at least 25 hours of burn-in. After that, if you like the sound, keep RE2. If not, return them.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #4 of 8
I can't believe it was ever fabric. Fabric is notorious for having issues with fraying and breaking down over time. The original KSC-35 or 50 (I forget which one) had a huge problem with this, then they changed it to rubber and the problem was solved.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #5 of 8
The old version of the RE0 was fabric as well, now it is the "tangle-free" cable that the RE1 uses. It sounds like the RE2 has undergone a similar evolution. IME, the cable does coil well, and the microphonics above the "Y" can be largely eliminated by using the shirt clip.
regular_smile .gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #6 of 8
The cable of RE2 is good even though is plastic,its PPE not PVC which was used in the first generation RE 2.

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalspree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cable of RE2 is good even though is plastic,its PPE not PVC which was used in the first generation RE 2.

So the OP is mistaken and the RE2 was never fabric?

Just trying to clarify here
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back