RE0 back from warranty, USED RE0?(PIC)
Nov 20, 2009 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Kirby1356

Head-Fier
So I got my RE0 back from warranty today (it was the second generation with the straight-jack and cloth cable) and they still have the cloth cable BUT there is now a angled-jack, the Y-split has a small dent, and the driver housing has multiple scratches. Did I just get a used return?

Picture up soon.......Stupid Flickr.....

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby1356 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I got my RE0 back from warranty today (it was the second generation with the straight-jack and cloth cable) and they still have the cloth cable BUT there is now a angled-jack, the Y-split has a small dent, and the driver housing has multiple scratches. Did I just get a used return?

Picture up soon.......Stupid Flickr.....

It is a new version with better L shape plug. It seemed it has painting problem. If you want, please contact head.direct.customerservice@gmail.com to get a replacement.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 12
I had the same problem. My RE0 died about a month after I bought them, so I sent them back for a replacement. The replacement arrived today, but it looks like secondhand (they sound good though). The worst part is the Y-splitter. It looks very worn, and it doesn't even say HiFiMAN RE0 like the first pair. Here's a picture:

Jul 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 12
could fang please report why are there these paint problems? head-direct sells amazing products that sound great, however it is very disappointing to see customers treated like this

Jul 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 12
Yes, please, I'd like to know what Nankai has to say. I'm pretty sure that it isn't only a paint problem, this pair I got really looks like a "refurbished" item. Besides the paint problem, it has lots of tiny scratches, like if they were being used for a year or even more.

I was expecting for a new pair. I mean, the one I sent back looked way better than the one I just received.

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Yes, please contact them for a replacement if you are not happy with the paint problem.

solution already provided ~

picture Fang do everything by himself , that included reading emails checking orders and ship out items all together etc etc ??let along building HiFiman~ flying between China and New york  ? attending Uni for his PhD ? impossible~ so whats the possibility that these error cause by Fang himself personally? give him a break.

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #10 of 12
Well, I didn't know that, but anyway, I shipped the bad pair to Kewei Liu, not Fang.

And again, this is not just a paint problem, it clearly looks like a refurbished RE0.

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #11 of 12
i need to send my re0 to head-direct for channel imbalance again :frowning2: i hope i dont get a used or defective pair back

Sep 16, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #12 of 12
updates guys? 
bigsmile_face.gif

i'm probably about to do the same thing with my RE0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back