Ravi - The Afro-Indian Project
Dec 19, 2001 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Neruda

Banned Moderator
I just got this CD today. I bought it on impulse; I've heard Kora music before (the Kora is an African string instrument) and I really love Indian music, so i felt it would be an interesting blend. What an absolute understatement.

I'm honestly going wild as I type this. This music is absolutely fabulous! I haven't stopped listening to it. it's so beautiful. A wide variety of instruments are used, from violin and double bass to tabla and Santoor. the musicians who play are incredibly talented. the melodies are so lush and sweet that my eyes watered when I played the first track.

For anyone who's interested in beautiful world music, this CD is a must-have. I found my copy at Borders, so it shouldn't be difficult to find (in other words, this isn't an obscure title that you'll only find at an obscure music store; although i really love obscure music stores
wink.gif
). Please, please try and find this album! You won't be dissapointed. This isn't something that i feel you need to acquire a taste for. it's wonderful music, simple as that.

(by the way, Ravi is not Ravi Shankar. just thought I'd mention that. check out www.ravi-art.co.uk for more information about this guy)

Dec 21, 2001 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 7
Thanks! I've been a longtime fan of Bikram Ghosh and Tarun Bhattacharya. Many of these fusion projects are quite successful. I'll have to check it out.

Dec 25, 2001 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 7
DP

Dec 25, 2001 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 7
Hmm....Neruda.....that seems like a cool cd. Thanx for the rec. Can I have some money, friend to friend, to buy it? No? Well, I just thought i'd ask.....
redface.gif

Dec 25, 2001 at 11:38 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
Can I have some money, friend to friend, to buy it? No? Well, I just thought i'd ask.....
redface.gif

Me too...dont forget me....
evil_smiley.gif
...I live in a place where you only get pop, rap, R&B and techno and nothing else....
frown.gif

Dec 27, 2001 at 9:58 AM Post #7 of 7
Hello Neruda

Have you checked out Trilok Gurtu´s African Fantasy? Afro-Indian pop of high quality with wonderful resonance and rythm. Makes you happy.

Regards
Anders K.
Sweden

Users who are viewing this thread

Back