Radio concerts on Vinyl
Feb 25, 2002 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
I happened to get my hands on a concert from The Police, it's titled: Sting the girls and make them die.

Its two records (very thick and heavy records might i add!) and each record is from a different show. I listened to them briefly and one of them sounded excellent, the other was "ok," a little bland/muddy (both records are in mint conditon). I managed to find this off of ebay!

I have another Police concert on 3 LP's (or maybe 4) from a radio program from the 70's (original plain white box and paperwork!)...hell even the commercials from that time period are on the recording! Quality is a little crummy. I got this from a neighbor who was moving and literally let me take a crate of records off his hands (his son turned out to work for a radio show!).

I was wondering if any of the vinyl nuts out there collect or are aware that these things exist. I can't imagine what else is lurking in someone's basement collecting dust. I think i'm gonna hit a lot of garage sales this year!

Feb 26, 2002 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 8
George,
radio shows are getting hard to come by.I have a few of James Brown and BBking from the old WVON radio station here in Chicago.Try to find some of the old American Bandstand and Soultrain Lps back when both shows were recorded live.garage sales are great but in Chicago people are too smart(or stupid)to let anything go cheap.

Feb 27, 2002 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 8
I have an old Fixx show, with an amazing like 16 minute version of "The Fool". It was one of those originals that they send to the radio stations to play, not a boot.
cool.gif

Feb 27, 2002 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
I have an old Fixx show, with an amazing like 16 minute version of "The Fool". It was one of those originals that they send to the radio stations to play, not a boot.
cool.gif

Yeah, that's what i was trying to convey in my confused post above, lol. I also have one or two that were "Pre-FM" shows (basically what me and Dusty have), excellent sound quality (one of them is an original pressed cd!).

Feb 27, 2002 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 8
Hey, gloco, have you found eil.com, yet? Warning: for those with deep pockets only. I picked up a couple of those of Garbage there (on CD, though).

Feb 27, 2002 at 4:22 AM Post #6 of 8
Dusty! You putz!
wink.gif

Why are you paying for those?
confused.gif

My offer still stands, and i don't expect you to pay...i'm offering some shows of mine FOR FREE!

If you have a burner, i'll gladly take copies of whatever you have as a trade
wink.gif

I'm looking at that site right now, i have this:

GARBAGE Garbage (UK limited edition 7" singles set features the whole album on 7" vinyl, sealed in numbered pink picture box!)

Feb 27, 2002 at 3:55 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Why are you paying for those?
confused.gif

No, you don't understand, I don't go there any more, this was back when I was young and foolish...alright, last year, but the point is still valid.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about when I said I had stuff you wanted. Actually, I'm home sick today, so maybe I'll work on catching up on my IOU's and then work on yours. Quote:

I'm looking at that site right now, i have this:

GARBAGE Garbage (UK limited edition 7" singles set features the whole album on 7" vinyl, sealed in numbered pink picture box!)

Yeah, I have that too.
smily_headphones1.gif
Haven't played it.
frown.gif

Feb 27, 2002 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 8
Last year is still very valid, LOL. You should always try ebay for stuff like that, it never hurts. As for the 7" boxset, why haven't you tried it yet? I listened to it once or twice. Then i picked up the Simply Vinyl edition
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back