r50 replacement batteries?
Apr 27, 2002 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
Anyone know where I can find them? Sony doesn't seem to sell them anymore, unless I'm missing something.

Apr 27, 2002 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 10
Try http://www.improvius.com

I had considered the purchase of the classic MZ-R50, and this guy did have a few new units, as of a couple months ago, plus a supply of third-party LiON cells. Sony no longer make the battery.

I dearly wish Sony would "re-issue" this model and add MDLP, as it would be worth every penney it would assuredly cost.

Apr 27, 2002 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks Superbaldguy, looks like a pretty good price, too. Less than I expected, anyway.

Apr 29, 2002 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 10
Hmm, even cheaper per battery, though you need to buy two. Anyone else need a spare?

Apr 29, 2002 at 10:52 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by dcg
Hmm, even cheaper per battery, though you need to buy two. Anyone else need a spare?

I'll pay for the spare if you go that route, drop me a pm.

George

Apr 30, 2002 at 1:00 AM Post #9 of 10
gloco-

The link legoman posted also has the sony battery, and it's cheaper per battery than the place that sells in pairs. Plus, as legoman, says, they're in the US, so shipping is likely much more reasonable.

Apr 30, 2002 at 1:02 AM Post #10 of 10
BTW, another question for you guys - I'm not familiar with the differences in batteries (Lion, Nicad, etc). If I were to buy a battery as a spare and never use it, would it be just as good a few years down the line when the original dies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back