Quoting when using the Full-Page Editor
May 6, 2010 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ham Sandwich

Headphoneus Supremus
In my Account Details I changed my Forum Preferences to "Default to the Full-Page Editor".
After I did that I found that I could not quote messages.  No quoted text would be copied into the editor.
I turned off the option to default to the full-page editor and the quoting worked again.

I'm using Firefox with Windows Vista.  Haven't tried with any other browser.

May 6, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 5
I enabled the full-page editor again and tried to edit my previous post.  Nothing from the post being edited was copied into the full-page editor.

Seems to be a general problem with having text copied into the full-page editor, at least with Firefox on Windows Vista.

May 10, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 5
Add another to the list with the same issues.  Firefox on XP Pro.  The spelling correction also does not work.  I'm defaulted to the full page view and edit mode. 

May 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #5 of 5
This may have been the problem I had when doing quotes and editing earlier. I was unable to quote and edit my posts consistently as sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. Also it would be pretty random for when it did and did not. Unchecking that box may have worked for me. I tried opera, firefox, chromium, seamonkey and a couple others but only on linux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back