Quick in-n-out for UM1
Dec 31, 2008 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nitroguy

New Head-Fier
Howdy!

I just upgraded my Shure e2c's to the Westone UM1's, and HOLY COW are they amazing!! So much smaller, and the treble is outstanding. I couldn't work for the first day or so I had 'em on, I just sat there, listening to the beautiful music.

...back on topic. My job requires me to pull my earphones in and out quite a bit during the day, and my shure's were quite nice to pull in and out quickly, as they didn't require the squeezing and expansion that foamies do (I had the black silicone tips). But the canal is smaller on my UM1's, so my old silicone tips won't fit.

Are there silicone tips made for the UM1? What about tri-flanges? Do these accomplish something that the silicone's don't?

Thanks guys.

nitroguy

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 7
yes there are silicone tips for the um1s
shure tips all fit westones as well

i personally use the biflanges which i cut down from the triflanges which were too long for my ear canals
fast and easy removal....similar to the grey flexs but slightly better isolation and sq IMO

Dec 31, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i personally use the biflanges which i cut down from the triflanges which were too long for my ear canals
fast and easy removal....similar to the grey flexs but slightly better isolation and sq IMO

Where does one get these tri/bi flanges?

Dec 31, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nitroguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where does one get these tri/bi flanges?

hmm
Triple Flange Sleeves for Westone 3, UM2, UM1, Shure SE series, SCL4, SCL5 and SCL3 (3 pairs)
3 pairs for US$10 seems a reasonable price....

i get mine from jaben
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #7 of 7
i tried the um1 before , but somehow :

the clarity is very good. however , the bass reproduction is rather weak and flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back