Questions re. hiss in portable amps
Jan 15, 2009 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Miklos

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I have terrible hiss in my PA2V2 amp ( I am very sensitive to hiss - that is why I ended up selling my Sony A818 as the hiss of it was killing me). On a positive note: at the same time, I really like the musicality of the PA2V2.

Could you please tell me if having hiss is normal with (all / most) headphone amps?

I would expect to have total silence even with volume at max on the amp. Is that a realistic expectation?

Would more expensive amps be totally quiet (for example: Minibox E+, or Corda Headsix or Ibasso P3)?

Thanks for any advice...

PS: I use Mylarone X3i and Denon AHC700 earphones - both have zero hiss when connected directly to my mp3 player (before Zune 80, now Archos 5)

PS2: I have contacted Gary to see if its only my particular unit which has the hiss - maybe it can be fixed? I would love to use the PA2V2, as I really like the way it sounds...

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 4
well as you increase in quality you diminish that ambient noise...for example the LISAIII is totally black, ibasso D3 slight but noticeable when you compare the two

Users who are viewing this thread

Back