QUESTION Regarding UK's Royal Mail International Delivery and Insurance
Oct 25, 2010 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got a package sent to me 13 days ago from UK under Royal Mail. It has tracking number and the status has been : "Your item, posted on 12/10/10 with reference xxxxxxxxxx has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA." for days now.

From my experience, once it says passed to overseas postal service in Aus, it will take just 1-2 days to arrive, but it has been maybe 5 days.
I contacted the seller and this is with insurance, just wondering, lets say it's lost or sent to wrong person, can they still claim for the insurance? I am worried that Royal mail will blame Aus post and won't honor the insurance because they might think that it's passed to Aus so it's out of their hands already.

You guys have any similar experience with Royal Mail?

Oct 25, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Yes- Royal Mail is c***. chances are the package hasn't even left the UK yet. "..passed to the overseas postal service.." = sitting in some uk warehouse. and there's no tracking either, whether's insured or not, once it leaves the uk you can only wait and hope.

let me give you an example: I got a CD player delivered from the US - the shipping was $80, insured, and it arrived in less than a week at my door, and I could track it since it left the US to my address. due to some defects I had to send it back.
the Royal Mail "economic class" shipping to the US was £85, uninsured, and no tracking. it took the CD to arrive at the destination two and a half months. I had pretty much given up hope already.

one has to wonder why a lesser service is more expensive. we still live in the 15th century here 
rolleyes.gif

you'll get the package eventually, no worries.

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 5
I just called up post office and according to them my parcel was just arrived on Sunday afternoon. Weird since I've had the status since early last week.
Anyway so it's just delayed not lost, I'm happy.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 5
I agree. Royal Mail International is as you say xxxx. Amazon UK and Amazon France are now using this rubbish service provider and are not doing themselves or their customers any favours. Amazon do their bit very well and dispatch in good time, often on the day of order, to Royal Mail and quote 3-4 days for delivery to France. Do not expect anything to arrive earlier than 2 Weeks and usually more like 3 weeks. Pony express would be quicker. What on earth do Royal Mail do with those little packages from Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back