Question: Quality control: iFi Audio vs Chi-fi
Jul 20, 2022 at 9:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

OCC7N

Headphoneus Supremus
!Please don´t shoot me down here!

Before I got into HiFi I was told(had the impression) that iFi was made in UK. I started out buying the ZEN DAC and CAN for the Sundara. Later upgraded to the Diablo, which I still have and love....actually like more than RME DAC FS.

Never had/have a single issues with iFi. By the looks and feel of the products it gave me the RME comfort that I use to have in the start 2000s(metalic and blue theme). It just works!

Now I am in the situation where I have upgraded my loudspeakers. The more I look for expensive DAC and Pre, the more I see myself drawn into Toppings and SMSL, measurements, price and overall worth of the products.

I seriously can not justify 10.000dollar for a DAC. But on the other hand I can justify it for a speaker that cost 10.000 dollar, because I really can hear the difference.....by far.

So my question comes down to how good is the quality control of the iFi Audio compared to other Chi-fi products. Is it alot better than Topping and SMSL?

I really want to buy iFi iDSD Pro Signature. I can not find any other thing with the same features.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 2
I was one of the first to bite the bullet for topping e30/l30 which at that time was sold for 100$ As a combo stack via aliexpress. Heard A90 as well which had similar traits, sterile and a bit boring/flat sounding presentation. My luxman/qutest combo is more engaging and detailed. Now with all that hype from ASR and price increase it is not worth the chase in my books. If you want to go on budget look for less known chi-fi brands, you’ll save a lot and end up with same SQ. Most of this stuff even leaves the same factory, you could tell that by remote controls which looks very alike apart printed logos.

Source change will rarely be as dramatic as changing speakers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back