Question about the X5 Player.
Oct 1, 2014 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

johnnydangerous

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
Since learning of the demise of the iPod Classic, I'm looking to buy an X5 instead.

However, I have read reports online of the library only being capable of handing 5,800 songs. Which seems completely crazy for an mp3 player with a 256gb storage capacity?! Is this really the case? And will it be fixed anytime soon?

Thanks alot.

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 7
It holds far more than that.  Current released firmware supports higher than 5800 by folder browsing, but is limited to 5800 max if using the tagged library.

Beta software has just been released that will allow no limit with the library.  They're just ironing a few errant bugs out of it at the moment - so expect that little issue to be solved in the coming weeks.

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 7
Beta software has just been released that will allow no limit with the library.  They're just ironing a few errant bugs out of it at the moment - so expect that little issue to be solved in the coming weeks.

Oh great, so I will beable to browse an unlimited amount of mp3s (I have 30,000...) in the library view once this Beta upgrade is ready? 

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Should be able to - why don't you peruse the main X5 thread?  You might get more info.  I haven't tried the beta yet, as I haven't yet reached the 5800 limit (my files are all redbook flac)

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 7
  Hi all,
Since learning of the demise of the iPod Classic, I'm looking to buy an X5 instead.

However, I have read reports online of the library only being capable of handing 5,800 songs. Which seems completely crazy for an mp3 player with a 256gb storage capacity?! Is this really the case? And will it be fixed anytime soon?

Thanks alot.

Take a look at this link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/736163/need-help-to-test-the-20-000-sound-tracks-music-library-firmware-for-x5

Download the file and update the firmware on your X5.

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 7

Take a look at this link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/736163/need-help-to-test-the-20-000-sound-tracks-music-library-firmware-for-x5

Download the file and update the firmware on your X5.

That looks good. But it's still only 20,000 songs. Will it ever be a higher number or unlimited? 
This is a real dealbreaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back