Question about the Etymotic HF-5s
Dec 16, 2008 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jack Karneval

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I've been lurking on the forums for awhile before I decided to join. I've always wanted a good pair of cans/iems, but I've never really had the money. Well, this christmas, I've decided that I'm gunna drop some money and get something decent to destroy my ears :p. Anyways I saw a post about something looking into the NE-7Ms and someone suggested the Etymotic HF-5s, as they are currently on sale on Amazon for 100 bux. My sources will be my Iphone 3G and my Laptop, and I mostly listen to electronica, with a current emphasis on the hardcore side of things... (evil activities anyone?), so I just wanted to garner some opinions about my choice. Any help would be appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S.
Sorry if this is annoying to some of you, I know you get this kind of "what do you guys think about this" sort of thing everyday. I won't do it again lol

Thanks,
Jack
L3000.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 6
Well, then those are kind of out of the question. Any recommendations? I was also looking at the NE-7Ms, for my type of music though (good low end response?)

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 6
Erm, the new Apple IEMs, maybe? $80 and they do deliver a satisfying bass response. I've not compared with the NuForce IEMs, though. From reading, those seem to be giant killers, but I really don't know.

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 6
The HF5s can produce lovely deep, tight bass when properly fed and watered. They're big on bass quality more than bass quantity.

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 6
I would get westones um-2's or klipsch customs. Westone's have decent sound, and have a great cable. My custom-3's gave me amazing sound, but with cable noise, which was dissappointing, but I am not returning them, because I can't do any better sound for the money.

But both of these are more then 100 bucks. I would say get the klipsch x-5 when they had half off. Too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back