Question about ipod battery
Dec 9, 2005 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

digitalcat

100+ Head-Fier
I read through the sticky post about ipod battery and the charging tips, but still don't quite understand it, here is my question:
1. If you let ipod stay connected to the usb(firewire) port of your computer and plays it, will it consume any battery, or is it purely running on external power? If it is the latter then by doing so is it good or bad for prolonging battery life? Assuming the battery is dead in the future, can I still use it while it's connected to usb port?

2. I've seen advice against stocking spare battery for future replacement because its natural life is limited. What I don't understand is if the battery is not here in your drawer it must be stored somewhere in a warehouse, does that mean buying replacement battery in general is not a good idea? I mean I can't check when the battery is manufactured, how can I be sure it's not already several years old? It just doesn't make much sense to me, a battery not used at all will die eventually(in a few years)? Something is very wrong with this technology.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back