Quality Digital Coax Connect
Sep 19, 2004 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Spoonfed

New Head-Fier
Having just spent weeks sourcing a reciever upgrade for my Denon 1602 running Quad 12L's...... after home demos of Denon 3805, Arcam AVR300 etc and not being happy i spent 20% and 15% repectively of the cost on a Panasonic XR45.

All i can say is WOW!!!! Where i struggled to hear a difference at times 1602 -> 3805/AVR300 the XR45 blows the others out of the water for clarity, detail, speed, bass timing, dynamics utterly amazing.
(its fully digital reciever... ie no DAC's amp is like "power DAC".... size of a nomal DVD player).

Anyway reading the forums it seems being pure digital they are more "sensitive" to input noise/quality.

Im currently running just a 75ohm video lead for SPDIF... which to get something a bit more "suited".

Would using RG6 Quad Sheilded coax work well?

Oh soundcard is a MAudio Revo 5.1. Have to use ASIO 4 ALL to get KS over SPDIF... and saidly force it to 16 bit (stupid card) pitty as the XR45 acccept an upsampled 24/192 signal direct to amp stage.

Yeah no headphone related but being you guys use output DAC"s etc and with PC "noise" as a concern it can be alittle different than normal hifi cosiderations.

Thanks

Sep 19, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 2
Where did you find an XR45? I just missed it months ago and settled for an XR25.

I recommend you sell the Revo 5.1 and get an emu 0404 and glass optical toslink. The toslink was better to me than the coax cables I've tried in this scenario. If you want another good upgrade, get a better power cord for this receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back