QUAD'S NEW "JECKLIN FLOAT QA" HEADPHONES COMING TO THE NEW YORK SHOW April 12-14 2013 The New York Palace
Feb 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

complin

1000+ Head-Fier

QUAD'S NEW "FLOAT QA" HEADPHONES COMING TO THE NEW YORK SHOW

Float_QA-sml.JPG
Back in 1971, Jürg Jecklin came out with his first Jecklin Float. At that time nobody could consider that the Float will get famous not only for the next 4 decades.  Even today the concept behind the Float is close to perfect in it`s kind.

"The goal of the developement was to have a monitor system which allows a better control of what they are  doing in a recording studio. For this purpose the Float  has been designed as a tool, better than any monitor  speaker in a room that hasn’t a perfect acoustic.” (translation: fono forum 9/1971).

Over the years the Float became a cult product. Recording engineers use them in there daywork and musiclovers from all over the globe enjoy it`s natural sound. In 2012 Jürg Jecklin lounched the new Float QA together with the new uncompromisingly designed power supply. Both produced by QUAD Musikwiedergabe, Germany. They also take direct orders. Delivery will get organised either direct from QUAD Musikwiedergabe or through your local dealer. Some call it a lucky fortune. After the first considerations soon it turned out that the concept behind the Float still is perfect in it`s kind. The Float is demanding it`s position in the professional world. For private use the Float or better the new Float QA offers natural sound. Without any flou of what we usually feel as disadvantages of heaphones. Float QA, in fact means two small electrostatic speakers. Perfectly placed in the right position to each  ear. Benefit from a natural open sound which allowes to listen to music for hours. That`s why they call the new Float QA “wagnertauglich”. As in a concert hall the listener keeps the perfect orientation in the room.

http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/310-quads-new-qfloat-qaq-headphones-coming-to-the-new-york-show

http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 12
if only they could make an electrostatic headphone

easily my favourite brand of hifi ever

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 12
I tried them on at the show; I will say that I couldn't really get a fair idea as to how they sound because the speakers are far away from your head, thereby letting all of the noise of a loud room interfere with the listening experience.  The one thing I can definitely say about these 'phones is that you will not be able to pick up any cute girls while wearing them, they look ridiculous in person.
Exhibit A:

images

smile.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #5 of 12
As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder ......... 
duggehsmile.png

I'm too old for cute girls anyway !

Quote:
I tried them on at the show; I will say that I couldn't really get a fair idea as to how they sound because the speakers are far away from your head, thereby letting all of the noise of a loud room interfere with the listening experience.  The one thing I can definitely say about these 'phones is that you will not be able to pick up any cute girls while wearing them, they look ridiculous in person.
Exhibit A:

images

smile.gif

May 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #11 of 12
Now this should be interesting, if anyone has a chance at releasing headphones with this type of technology QUAD's surely has an advantage considering their experience.

May 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #12 of 12
Ah but this is Quad Germany, they took over the servicing of the ES 57, 63 etc.
Sadly the origiginal Quad Acoustical Manufacturing are now chinese owned and manufactured
frown.gif

Quote:
Now this should be interesting, if anyone has a chance at releasing headphones with this type of technology QUAD's surely has an advantage considering their experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back