QSA Lanedri Cables
Oct 30, 2023 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

shuttlepod

100+ Head-Fier
I don't post very often on head-fi but have recently been using some new cables in a headphone system that have elevated my system's performance to a new level of performance. Specifically, I've been using a power cord on my dCS Bartok DAC/headphone amp and a DC power cable with an Uptone EtherRegen and Sonore OpticalModule. The cables are made by QSA Lanedri. For a lot more information on these cables, I suggest you visit their website (qsa-lanedri.com) and this thread on What's Best Forum: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/qsa-lanedri-series.36078/.

Specifically, I'm using a QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation power cord on the Bartok. This power cord can be bought through the end of the year for a price of $1250. I was already using three of these power cords in my primary, non-headphone system where they power 1) a Shunyata Everest power conditioner; 2) a Crayon CFA 1.2 integrated amp; and 3) a Sean Jacobs ARC6 DC4 power supply for my Chord DAVE DAC. In this system, the Gamma Revelation power cords easily bested my Shunyata Alpha and Sigma v2 power cords. I was able to sell the Shunyata cords for more money than I paid for the QSA Lanedri cords.

In light of this experience, I brought one of my QSA Gamma Revelation power cords to my second system where it replaced an Audience AU24 SE MP power cord on the Bartok. I thought the QSA power cord might be at a disadvantage because I use an Audience ar6-TSSOX power conditioner in this system, and I assume there is some synergy between the two Audience products. Nevertheless, the QSA Gamma Revelation power cord easily bested the Audience power cord.

I think Audience makes excellent, high value products and I've never been dissatisfied with any of their power products. The QSA cable was more transparent with greater PRAT and harder hitting transients. It brought more weight, richness, and color to the party. When I reinserted the Audience power cord, dynamics were restricted and the overall presentation sounded more distant, creating less presence and engagement.

The second QSA Lanedri product I tried in this system was a DC power cable. This is a simple extension cable with a 2.1/5.5mm female end and 2.1/5.5mm male end. It generally needs to be used in conjunction with another DC cable. In my case, I found it had the greatest impact when used with my Farad Super 3 power supply. I use this power supply to power two components that sit between my router and the ethernet connection I use with my Bartok. Those components are 1) a Sonore OpticalModule (OM), which receives a run of fiber optic cable from my music server and converts it to ethernet; and 2) an Uptone EtherRegen (ER), which takes the ethernet output from the OM, cleans up the signal, and sends a regenerated signal to the Bartok. I am able to power both the OM and ER with the same 7 volt output from my Farad power supply by using a Y cable from Ghent Audio. The QSA DC extension cable sits between the stock DC cable that I bought from Farad and the Y cable. I used a cheap 2.1 female to 2.1 female adapter to connect the DC extension cable to the Y cable.

What did I hear compared to just using the stock Farad DC cable to power the OM and ER? A significant uptick in clarity, tonal richness, and weight. I felt a greater emotional connection to the music, especially with small nuances in the human voice.

QSA Lanedri is now selling DC cables in two flavors, Revelation and Infinity, on sale through the end of the year for $1250 and $2500. Although they are no longer selling the DC extension cables that I am using, they will provide custom terminations so that you can use a single QSA cable without the need for another DC cable or cheap adapters. Given the improvement I heard with the simple extension cable, and in an appropriate system with a good power supply, I consider these very high value products. You can try these products risk-free because QSA Lanedri provides a no-questions-asked 30-day return policy on all Gamma series cables. Read the comments on the Whats Best Forum thread mentioned above and give these products a try -- you just might be surprised at the difference they make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back