Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Jan 17, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #2,117 of 2,130
You can use a 3rd party app like UAPP instead of the Qobuz app if you are using an Android device. Better sound, better operation. I never actually use the Qobuz app to stream.
Yip, and Audirvana instead of desktop Qobuz app on a laptop/PC. And, as you stated with UAPP, better sound, beter operation.

Jan 17, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #2,118 of 2,130
You can use a 3rd party app like UAPP instead of the Qobuz app if you are using an Android device. Better sound, better operation. I never actually use the Qobuz app to stream.

I have a Shanling EM5 which uses a locked Android. So sadly no third party apps possible.

The Qobuz interface on streamers (Blusound, WiiM, Volumio, etc) are their own, not provided by Qobuz. It is the streamer manufacturers that need to improve their apps.

Qobuz is working on Qobuz Connect (similar to Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect), which may be available later this year. It will allow you to use the Qobuz app like a remote control to play Qobuz content on the streamer (they will need to upgrade their firmware to support Qobuz Connect).

You sure about that? I think Shanling have said the opposite. Anyway the app didn't live up to my expectations on the Shanling - so much that it was annoying me. A real bummer, as Qobuz sounds noticably better.

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #2,119 of 2,130
You sure about that? I think Shanling have said the opposite. Anyway the app didn't live up to my expectations on the Shanling - so much that it was annoying me.
It depends on the streamer. If it is Android based, it might run the Qobuz Android app directly (usually restricted to an older specific app version that is compatible with the rest of the firmware). The majority of streamers are based on Raspberry Pi and they will have their own music player app that calls the streaming services' server API to retrieve content. Although the entire catalog is accessible, the UI is typically very basic with limited function.

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #2,120 of 2,130
It depends on the streamer. If it is Android based, it might run the Qobuz Android app directly (usually restricted to an older specific app version that is compatible with the rest of the firmware). The majority of streamers are based on Raspberry Pi and they will have their own music player app that calls the streaming services' server API to retrieve content. Although the entire catalog is accessible, the UI is typically very basic with limited function.
I am quite certain this is the case for Shanling. Tidal and Qobuz both have their signature looks. And the Shanling rep on the forum has referred to the different apps for misc issues.

And I fully understand and respect that Qobuz is a smaller company than Spotify and Tidal, and that streamer app development most likely isn't top priority. :)

Jan 24, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #2,121 of 2,130
I have WASAPI Exclusive HiRez USB output and the Math Audio Headphone EQ plugin running in Foobar. This sounds amazing through a Burson Conductor Performance DAC/ AMP and HiFiMan Ananda Nano headphones. These new Planar headphones can offer incredible detail retrieval of modern remastered HiRez files but are taken to a new level with EQ. This is a complex parametric EQ. How can I get the Qobuz desktop app to play through Foobar for the EQ on Windows 10 X64? Is there any way to add a 10 band (minimum) parametric EQ to the Qobuz player?

Here is what the EQ looks like for the Ananda Nano as auto generated by Room EQ Wizard from the calibrated measurement via the MiniDSP EARS measurement jig. And then tweaked by ear while listening to music.

Math Audio EQ Ananda Nano HPN tuned final 01 21 24.jpg

The link to the Auto EQ thread is here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/min...-math-audio-eq-playback.971363/#post-17918821

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #2,122 of 2,130
Unable to log into the Qobuz app - continuously get an error message on both iPad and iPhone but not on Android….

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #2,124 of 2,130
Yesterday evening was experiencing problems with Qobuz on Windows. I was unable to log in, play anything and load my favorite tracks. An hour later Qobuz app was working as usual. A server issue, I predume.

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #2,125 of 2,130
Unable to log into the Qobuz app - continuously get an error message on both iPad and iPhone but not on Android….
I rebooted my iPad and iPhone. Ran into the same.

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #2,127 of 2,130
No problems here on iPhone 15 Pro Max Or iPad Pro.
Problem appears to be resolved for now. I have been beta testing and it appears to be related to the current version general release and the current beta version. Rollback to version 7.7 allowed login BUT did not support access to my downloaded content. Logging back in on current version restored access to offline content.

Feb 9, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #2,128 of 2,130
I mainly listen to instrumental Progressive Metal / Rock and Qobuz may be a superior streaming service in terms of SQ, but it is shocking how lacking the library is when compared to Apple Music. At least one third of the artists I usually listen with Apple are non existent or with a discography severely incomplete. As much as I wanted to change, ended up going back. No matter how superior it is, it really doesn´t matter if you lack the main ingredient of a streamer service. It may serve the general public but as soon as you go niche, it lacks hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back