Purple-blue marks on Westone foamies?
May 14, 2007 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Superpredator

Headphoneus Supremus
I had two pairs of the large peach colored Westone foamies for the UM2. The first pair, which I guess I started using months ago, almost immediately got these purple-blue marks on them. I thought maybe I had some permanent marker on my fingers and filed it away as a "woops."

I broke out my second new pair recently and have been using them for about 3 weeks now. They have stayed very clean. I went to sleep using them last night (had them in about 15 minutes), and when I woke up this morning the left one had the same purple-blue marks on it.

Am I missing something? Is there something wrong with these things? Or is it my ears? Maybe this a known issue, like the greening of the cable, but I haven't read anything about it or seen it on my friends' Westone foamies.

May 14, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You must be one of those alien with purple-blue blood. They abducted the real Superpredator and put you in his place with false memory so you think your human.

biggrin.gif

The second thing I thought of was blood, and whether it might react with the foam material somehow. Unfortunately for that theory I don't spontaneously bleed from my ears. I almost wish I did, because the alien thing would be a reasonable explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back