Purchased a pair of DT770-250
Sep 17, 2002 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Geek

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, everyone! I have a pair of DT770-250 coming to my door. I'd like to thank you for all of the information regarding this and other headphones. It was difficult making a choice.

I will explain my decision. I currently own the DT250-80, a regular old AirHead, and the infamous DVP-NS500V that Tuberoller (and I) love so much. Props to Tuberoller for pointing this player out; it's incredible.

The DT250-80 has incredible midrange for a headphone. My mother watched a few minutes of LOTR while wearing these and said they seemed "better than real life." Quite a detailed midrange.

For movies, SACDS, and CDs out of my NS500V the low end is very satisfying. However, I have encountered problems with fatigue and the 250-80. Even with the filter on, I'm screaming for some silence after only 1-2 hours of listening. I have noticed an "uneasiness" in the midrange. I don't know how to describe it, sort of as if vocals sound nasal or something similar. Almost like the midrange is over-emphasized. That's the way it seems to my ears.

The solution I have drawn is to purchase a darker pair of headphones with full-sized earcups.

Also, I was looking for a headphone that isolates well and produces a solid bottom - end as I take frequent bus trips (orchestra trips) and listen often at school during study hall. Hearing even a bit of the low end would be nice with a portable+amp combo.

I must be an odd person indeed to feel the way I do about the 250-80, but that's just the way it seems to me. A very incredible pair of headphones; I guess I'm after a different sound.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Geek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back