PS4 Mic Compatibility
Jun 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

odib

Head-Fier
Hi
My current setup is: X1's/ 702s > Headphone Amp > AV Receiver (via preamp) > PS4
I'm just trying figure out my gaming setup and was wondering if you guys had some information regarding mic compatibility. I would like to know if anyone has tried using USB mics (ones with headphone outs such as the and Blue Yeti and ones without headphone outs such as the Blue Snowball) for in game voice chats with the PS4. Another alternative is a mixamp and a modmic but I didn't really want to have too many cables lying around (I can just leave and hide the usb cable under the carpet for the USB mics).

Thanks

Jun 29, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 2
the headphone outputs on usb mics probably won't do nearly as good a job driving your K702s as your amp.  On top of that I doubt anyoneon the receiving end will notice the difference between a $100 mic and a cheap $15.  

I'd get a cheap bluetooth mic and call it good.  I had a cheap one made for phones that I clipped to my AKGs when I had a ps3.  It worked fine and no one complained about quality after all the compression it goes through. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back