Ps4 audio question-fi?
Dec 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kyleh092

New Head-Fier
This is my first time posting here, so forgive me for the complicated way I may ask this. I currently have my Xbox 360 hooked up to my hd monitor and get the video through an hdmi to dvi-d cable. This works beautifully, but doesn't allow audio. For audio I take the convention Xbox 360 av cables (red, white, and yellow), and plug those into the stereo speakers I have. It works fine, but won't when the ps4, which is hdmi only, arrives at my home. I would have the video, but need a way to receive audio as well.
Any solutions would be great

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 5
If I am not mistaken all in-game audio including chat goes through the controllers.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11/13/10-things-ps4-buyers-need-know/

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 5
Maybe time to buy a cheap AVR that accepts HDMI for both your devices and can output to your speaker connections/monitor. Alternatively consider another HDMI monitor with audio (speakers or headphone jack).  PS4 does have optical out if that helps you. Yet another intriguing option in your situation is a cheap 2.1 soundbar which generally have a couple inputs (e.g. optical, AUX IN, HDMI)and possibly Bluetooth connectivity. PS4 -->Optical, XBox --> RCA/3.5mm jack.

Mar 7, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 5
I see that there's an audio out setting which you can make it to be HDMI. Then, under HDMI you select one of three (PCM, DTS, Dolby). I am sure one of them would work. Mine works all three, although I am connected to a TV. Try PCM, its more common than the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back