PS Audio Perfect Wave CD Transport
Feb 12, 2019 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

claud W

Headphoneus Supremus
I decided to upgrade my system again. I replaced my Oppo BD 83 that I have been using as a CD transport with a dedicated transport. I cruised Audiogon several times and the best thing I found was the PS Audio transport. It does not actually play CDs. It reads the data and sends it to an SD card after reclockking and other things, then plays from the SD card to your DAC.
Then I found the refurbished ones for $1500 instead of retail of $4000.
Lots of us here have digital sourced systems, even me, but my main headphone system is CD sourced. It has been a great sounding system, but it is unbelievable now. Music even sounds different all instruments are clean and clear and sounds are individual, not mushed together. Instead they are like a chorus where voices are in harmony but heard individually. I have to say, I never thought a CD system could sound this great.
DSC_2135.JPG
DSC_2140.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 4
Congrats on your purchase of the PS Audio PerfectWave Transport! I own one myself since its initial release and it's a great digital source. Just one point of correction though, the SD card is used for file artwork display and to install firmware updates, not used to buffer digital data read from the disc. That is done in memory chips internal to the unit. Enjoy your new transport! :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 4
Congrats on your purchase of the PS Audio PerfectWave Transport! I own one myself since its initial release and it's a great digital source. Just one point of correction though, the SD card is used for file artwork display and to install firmware updates, not used to buffer digital data read from the disc. That is done in memory chips internal to the unit. Enjoy your new transport! :thumbsup:
Thank you audio bill. I was wondering how I was going to get firm/software updates without any internet line in my music room.You can tell that I only skimmed the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back