PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST SCAMMERS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by carsncars
So, how many have/who exactly was victimized by this?

I have only accepted funds from ONE other member, for 350USD. When I recieve the written agreement to drop the investigation, those funds will also be refunded.

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #32 of 37
Is there any way to code the forum software to include links to a buyer/seller's feedback thread when you click on their username? I think making it easier to find a person's feedback thread (instead of going through the whole advanced search thing) would help make people more conscientious both about checking and leaving feedback.

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ss2k2_2
I have only accepted funds from ONE other member, for 350USD. When I recieve the written agreement to drop the investigation, those funds will also be refunded.

If you return the funds, there will be no need for an investigation.

If I had my way, you'd be nailed balls to the wall.

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #34 of 37
How about initializing a process where any items up for sale is done only by verified Paypal users. Yeah, having the buyer eating/paying fees may be a hassle for some, but at least it would be a positive step in the security dept.
To be a verified Paypal user it confirms a valid bank account, and it's free.
Just throwing in my $.02, I live in the U.S. - not sure about Paypal being available internationally.

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #35 of 37
I agree not to give out your MAC address or cell number any more. My previous post has now been edited.

Hopefully this'll get people their refunds.

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #36 of 37
mbriant's gone for the night, and we're reviewing all the information we have--and there is a lot to sift through.

I'm going to lock this thread for now, and let mbriant re-open it, since he's pretty much been the one to do most of the looking-into.

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #37 of 37
We are now in the process of sifting through the various pieces of information we have on this fraud and I am not at liberty at this time to publicly share any more information about it. So this thread will remain locked until further notice.

However, I would ask anyone and everyone who has been a victim or came close to becoming a victim of the following member names .... cakeincups00 - ss2k2 - yusar - bbdollars to contact me via PM with any information you may have ( names, addresses, PMs, emails, etc.) regarding these people. Also, if you could provide links to any threads you've participated in regarding these frauds, it would help speed things up and be greatly appreciated.

Again, I would ask that ONLY those who have been directly affected, provide this information. This person has stolen from many people in both Canada and the U.S., and apparently Head-fi is not the only site he's committed these crimes. I believe it will be just a matter of time before he is brought to justice.

Thanks.

One more very important thing. If you are contacted by anyone other than an administrator or moderator of Head-fi wanting to discuss or ask questions regarding anything about this situation, please do not respond but rather save their PM/e-mail and report it to the moderating staff immediately.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back