Problems with Sony E705...
Jun 21, 2002 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SNAG

New Head-Fier
Hi all..
I was tidying my storage space when I found this Sony E705...

I just remembered that I had gotten a sony PCDP years back, but it sucked so bad (to the extent I repaired it for like 5 times in a year) that I just left it, and got myself a Panasonic...

This set is faulty, and it can't play at all.
I took it apart, and tested the components with a mutimeter...
There was voltage running through them, like the capacitors (so can i say that it's still working?)

anyone knows what's wrong with this?
anyone with any quick and easy fixes?

If not, I will have to dump this away... no use putting it at home.

This player was the main reason why it made me so pissed with Sony.
Don't know about the newer models...

Thanks a lot.

Jun 22, 2002 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm assuming that the disc is spinning inside . if so try selecting a track well into the disc .turn it off open lid and see where laser is . if it has moved fine but the lens may not be focusing. Try cleaning with cotton swab and gently push it up & down this may loosen it a bit . If the worm gear needs lube this may involve getting inside. Try lubing it with teflon oil or modeltrain grease. How old is this unit? the older ones are better and worth trying to fix. also make sure the disc is firmly seated on the spindle

Jun 22, 2002 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by RobertR
I'm assuming that the disc is spinning inside . if so try selecting a track well into the disc .turn it off open lid and see where laser is . if it has moved fine but the lens may not be focusing. Try cleaning with cotton swab and gently push it up & down this may loosen it a bit . If the worm gear needs lube this may involve getting inside. Try lubing it with teflon oil or modeltrain grease. How old is this unit? the older ones are better and worth trying to fix. also make sure the disc is firmly seated on the spindle

The whole unit does not even power up..
That is what that irritated me...

Thanks for your suggestions anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back