Problems sending PMs in Google Chrome on Windows 7
Oct 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

BobSaysHi

Headphoneus Supremus
Sometimes (quite often) when I go to send a PM, after typing my message, I click send and nothing happens. I've noticed this many, many times, and now I check every time before I send a PM. I check by clicking on any of the buttons, for example the add picture button, and they are unresponsive, however I am able to type into the PM box. Refreshing doesn't fix the problem, and control-refreshing sometimes fixes the problem, however going back and then forwards multiple times usually fixes it. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll make a video or something.

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 12
Thanks for the suggestions. That will make my pm'ing much less frustrating. I hope this issue can be fixed soon.

Oct 30, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 12
I have the same issue. I have to close the browser and start the conversation from the beginning- could not continue a conversation started previously.

Oct 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Sometimes (quite often) when I go to send a PM, after typing my message, I click send and nothing happens. I've noticed this many, many times, and now I check every time before I send a PM. I check by clicking on any of the buttons, for example the add picture button, and they are unresponsive, however I am able to type into the PM box. Refreshing doesn't fix the problem, and control-refreshing sometimes fixes the problem, however going back and then forwards multiple times usually fixes it. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll make a video or something.

Thats what I do.  If I can't get the emoticon menu I keep clicking other links and threads and eventually work back till it works.

Btw, replied to 3 PMs so far today w/o any problems yet.

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 12
Me too ^ What?

I'm switching to Firefox anyway, maybe things'll get better.

EDIT: I feel embarssed for not actually looking at the emoticon button when I posted this, but the issue seems to be resolved.

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 12
I've had this problem since we switched over. It's like the script doesn't load correctly and while we can type away, it isn't being recognised. 

The trick is to click on something (ie, source) before you start typing to see if it has loaded correctly.

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #9 of 12
All my emoticons are gone.  Empty space in my reply box toolbar.  I assume thats why all my PM issues are gone which is fine by me.  =)  =O  >.< =P ; )

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #10 of 12
I've got them in my PM editing box...

ph34r.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
I've got them in my PM editing box...

ph34r.gif

person!  ;P

Edit - Oh hey, apparently the button is there but it has no icon so its invisible.  More stealthy than a 
ph34r.gif
!

gs1000.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
All my emoticons are gone.  Empty space in my reply box toolbar.  I assume thats why all my PM issues are gone which is fine by me.  =)  =O  >.< =P ; )

ok Iget it now. I can confirm I had the same issues but unsure now as I haven't sent any PM lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back