Problem with X3 database creation
Sep 17, 2013 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

phillevy

100+ Head-Fier
I just filled a 64gb TF card with my music (147 artist folders which contain album folders) and every time I try to update the database it freezes. I've tried deleting the old database and creating 2 folders in the root A-N and N-Z but it still freezes every time. I'm using the latest firmware - any suggestions? Everything shows up fine in browse folders.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 5
  I just filled a 64gb TF card with my music (147 artist folders which contain album folders) and every time I try to update the database it freezes. I've tried deleting the old database and creating 2 folders in the root A-N and N-Z but it still freezes every time. I'm using the latest firmware - any suggestions?

I had a similar problem. I worked around it by adding a few folders at a time to the card and updating the database in between. My theory is that the memory runs out when adding thousands of new tracks in one go but is okay if you just add a few (hundred) tracks at a time.

It is also possible that if you wait long enough it may unfreeze and it is unresponsive simply because of the amount of work it is doing. You can sometimes get a blank screen and the X3 won't respond to button presses just because it is busy. This has happened to me when going into the "Play All" section once I'd successfully added my thousands of tracks. However, I recommend the first option since I don't know for sure that it will eventually unfreeze, and the first option worked for me in similar circumstances.

Sep 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks I will try that later - I hope this is fixed though because this won't be practical if swapping cards over.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 5
So I've finally managed to complete a full scan successfully by adding a few folders at a time. The problem is when I want to temporarily swap this card out for another one - I can't face having to keep rebuilding the databases like this each time. I don't mind using browse mode ( it is actually better ATM ), but read somewhere else that gapless play can't be implemented in browse mode.

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #5 of 5
My suggestion to Fiio would be to split the db in two and store the card specific bit of it on the card. Then your db is swapped when your card is swapped. Of course, I have no idea of whether this really is practical....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back