Pro-ject Debut lll vs. Goldring GR1.2 for first turntable
Jan 18, 2006 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mize

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I've been lurking a little in the forum and have been thinking about getting back into my 600+ vinyl collection.

I don't want to spend a ton of money and I am trying to limit myself to around $400. I am currently considering the Pro-ject Debut lll and the Goldring GR1.2 for my first turntable in many years.

My current gear is:

Denon AVR-3805 receiver
Denon DVD-2910 universal disk player
Klipsch reference series speakers - 7.1 config

Most of my vinyl listening would lean heavily towards a combination of Pat Metheny Group and classic rock such as Floyd, Zeppelin, etc. I also have a lot of 70's/early 80's rock that was out when I was buying vinyl.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mize

Jan 18, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, of these two, I'd recommend to go for the Goldring - mainly because the Rega arm on it is good enough to be reused, in case you'd want a better table later on... And I'm not aware of many more options for brand new record players in that price range in the US - whereas I'd also recommend to consider the Dual CS505-4 over here (which unfortunately is totally overpriced in the US...). However, if you don't limit yourself to new stuff, you'd surely be able to get something better on the used market.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back