Pro-750 earcup comfort
Feb 27, 2009 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Evergreen

New Head-Fier
I feel like I need larger earcups. My ears just won't fit inside unless I fold them. Otherwise, the cans end up sitting outside of either my earlobes or the rear part of my ear, like the Bose on-ear phones. In either case, after an hour, I have a headache.

Love the SQ. I know it will only get better with time. However, I am doubtful about the comfort improving. My Senn 650s are far more comfortable.

Is there a solution?

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 12
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f125/p...omfort-381371/

there is a post about that... if u have read through it already then yeah :p
For me the comfort did improve after i bend the headband makes it less clamping.. i did also had an headache after a while before the mod:p Now its fine, still felt they are there... But its fine...

i sort of tuck my ear lobes under the pads. The tip slides under the inner padding.

Feb 28, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel like I need larger earcups. My ears just won't fit inside unless I fold them. Otherwise, the cans end up sitting outside of either my earlobes or the rear part of my ear, like the Bose on-ear phones. In either case, after an hour, I have a headache.

Love the SQ. I know it will only get better with time. However, I am doubtful about the comfort improving. My Senn 650s are far more comfortable.

Is there a solution?

Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f125/p...omfort-381371/

there is a post about that... if u have read through it already then yeah :p
For me the comfort did improve after i bend the headband makes it less clamping.. i did also had an headache after a while before the mod:p Now its fine, still felt they are there... But its fine...

i sort of tuck my ear lobes under the pads. The tip slides under the inner padding.

Wow! You two must have really big ears.

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 12
The other post was about the headband clamping force.

My issue is about the size of the earcups. If I recall, the photos I have seen of the Edition 9 show oval earcups, like my Senns.

I don't suppose that the Edition 9 earcups would be usable on the Pro-750s.

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 12

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! You two must have really big ears.

I guess that means that you have really small round ears. :-D

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #7 of 12
My pinnae do not like to be folded or compressed (or spindled or stapled).

Feb 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #8 of 12
I cant imagine how the cup can give you a headache, the clamping force does that. Like i said, try to tuck them under the inside of the cup.

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant imagine how the cup can give you a headache, the clamping force does that. Like i said, try to tuck them under the inside of the cup.

I will repeat what I said above. My ears do not like folding (which results from the "tucking").

An hour of folded ears give me a headache. Maybe your ears are happy with their folding. Mine are not.

I have not noticed many human ears that are actually round. Most are elongated, or "oblong". I presume that is why some headphones have oblong/oval openings within the earcups.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #10 of 12
my ears are not folded at all... so your ear are quiet long :p in fact i dont even feel my ears touching anything inside of the pad...

there is a gap between the black back and the actual silver pad thats where i tuck my ear tip under...

have you actually released the pressure of the headband? im fairly certain that is your only issue... the clamp will add more pressure on your ears...

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 12
OK. I have stretched the head band as recommended by ultrapaul. Testing is underway.

I still don't like the sensation of my ears being tucked under the silver pads.

I do appreciate your efforts to help me find comfort here. I really want these phones to work for me.

BTW, I notice from photos on the Ultrasone site that the Ed8s appear to have elongated ear cups. Wish that were an option for these.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #12 of 12
humm yeah come to think of it the pads could possible done like that if possible, hehe ultrasone please release one
tongue.gif

But it might also change the way it sounds.

i had a look at the AH-D2000 and inside of the cups are long like the HFI-580. And doesnt felt like touching my ears at all, im bring up the AH-D2000 example beacuse the cups are also round like the Pro 750 but only slightly larger by mms.

or if u can make this work:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ult...arpads-412972/
hehe buy replacement bads from Beyer, and use the subframe on the spare Pro 750 pads :p haha it might work not sure hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back