Price Matching and International Shipping
Jan 4, 2010 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Blisse

500+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm new to the forums, and I've been looking to buy new headphones.
I was looking through Head-Fi and read reviews on headphones I was interested in. So I went over to HeadRoom to see their price.

Their price was a bit more than I wanted to pay for, but with their best price guarantee, it just met my budget. I did their email request thing for the price match, and they sent me a confirmation email saying that they could match it. Yay.

Quote:

Thanks for your email price-match request.

Our best HeadRoom '100% authorized dealer' price is $ for new headphones including UPS traced/tracked shipping to any USA address.

Please call-in during HeadRoom office hours [M-F 9am-5pm USA Mountain Time] to place this order at the specially quoted low price!

Wait a second. It says that it's UPS shipping to any USA address, and it's at that price. The problem is that I live in Canada. I'm aware of the extra money due to the exchange rate and shipping, but does that mean they can't match that price for Canada? (Oh yeah, I would prefer if they used USPS, since I heard something about brokerage would kill any deal)

And I also have a problem with calling. They say that I have to call them to place the order at the price, but it looks suspiciously like a toll number. AND I'm not over the legal age. I was hoping to do all the work and just have my parents fill in the payment information online, but this looks very confusing.

I'd just like to ask any others who have had experience with shipping to Canada, or even internationally, and price matching at HeadRoom for any help or pointers. Thanks in advance.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 3
Well, +1 on the brokerage issue. My package arrived today while accoding to the UPS Tracking service, it is due tomorrow... so when the guy came, I did not prepare enough cash to pay that $40~ish brokerage.
ph34r.gif
He'll have to come again tomorrow, when I won't be home.
tk_02.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #3 of 3
The toll-free number is for calls in the US, they have a regular number for you to call if you are outside the US. Shipping is very reasonable I think, I had a big order (BIG box) and it cost maybe around $30-$40 USD to ship it to Hong Kong via UPS and it only took about 2-3 business days. Of course you have to pay duty fees being in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back