Predator testimony written to Ray samuels
Jan 9, 2008 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mitchb

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi Ray,
This is freaky. I was just listening to Diana Krall in my listening room "live in Paris" with my new Denon D5000 headphones and I decided to try the Denons on the Predator so I brought the Denons downstairs to my computer and upon plugging the Denons D5000's to my Predator the exact song by Diana Krall as the last song I heard upstairs was on the Predator. As my windows media player is set to shuffle the fact that I got the very same song on my predator as upstairs with my HR-2 is extremely lucky and completely coincidental but the bottom line is that I was virtually able to almost directly a-b the two amps the HR-2 and the Predator on my computer and I have to honestly admit, and I don't mean this as insult but rather compliment I think the Predator may have sounded perhaps a little better with the Diana Krall piece than the HR-2. I write this email with astonishment and excitement. The Predator is a wonderful amp and other than the power availability to the Predator as opposed to the HR-2 these two amps sound remarkably close. At least with my Denons and maybe more so with my 580/600/650's series. The Predator also ran my AKG 701 warmer sounding than my HR-2 the other day and I attributed this to my mood. If you were to see my recent posts of the past few days you would see I am not making this up. The Predator is amazing me after 360 hours play or so. I have no idea how you were able to get this type of sound out of a piece the size of the Predator. You should have this amp professionally reviewed. I'm floored on just how good it sounds.
I just had to email you. I may copy this to headfi as testimony of just how good I think the Predator is.
Thanks again,
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back