Predator Owners "Clicking Sound"
Feb 22, 2009 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Carmantom

1000+ Head-Fier
EDIT:
I'm rewording question to try to get "a" response.

I've researched the forums and have heard about the clicking while charging the battery on the Predator. I thought one is suppose to be able to listen while charging. When charging and listening, mine always clicks. Is there any way to solve this issue?

I went to the RSA site to send email, but the site is currently having issues.

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 5
EDIT:
I'm rewording question to try to get "a" response.
confused.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 5
I have found that mine does this also. It seems to click to the pulsing of the LED power switch, no idea if they are related, but I notice that it stops as soon as the switch is a steady glow. Most of the time now I dont listen to it while its charging for this exact reason.

I dont remember where but recall that Ray spoke to this issue.

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 5
Here is what I've observed with my Predator - #621 w/ about 250 hours on it.

I've only encountered clicking temporarily after if I've run the battery down to zero and reconnected the charger.

I listened to the Predator via headphones with no music playing to determine if the clicking was associated with a DAC source, etc. The clicking appears to be associated with the process of re-energizing the battery charging circuitry.

As the Predator began to take a charge, the clicking slows down and eventually stops after about 5 min.

The clicking has not returned so long as I have not allowed the battery to drain completely.

The on/off switch has a "flicker" function to indicate charge level, and I wonder of this flicker function is somehow tied to the clicking we hear.

Now, I just leave the power adapter plugged in all the time. It says on the RSA website that leaving the charger plugged in is permissible because the Predator senses when the battery is fully charged and manages the power accordingly.

Hope that helps.

T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back