preamp alternative?
May 29, 2002 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

penaloza

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for something to bring all my sources together for use with the one input on a headphone amp. I suppose a preamp would work, but all I would really need would be the input switching capacity. The other features like volume control are unneeded. Any suggestions for a audio switcher that will mess with the original signal as little as possible, and allow me to use it with a headphone amp. My only concearn is headphones and I won't need to drive any loudspeakers at all.

Thanks,

May 29, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 5
I have yet to try it out, but I ordered a BT942 w/gold jacks for that purpose. It was about $65 and provides four switches. It can also reroute RCA and S-VIDEO sources too.

BT942

Yanno what? The BT942 has a headphone jack on the front. I wonder... perhaps someone could put a cmoy amp in there... hmmmmm.... interesting...

May 30, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 5
You didn't mention price.

If it was price-no-object, I would go for the Musical Fidelity A3^CR -- the volume control is hardly detrimental to the sound at all. Street price used is about US$1100.

May 30, 2002 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 5
Which headphone amp do you have or are you considering? The Headroom amps (MOH/Max) can be purchased in a configuration to switch between two sources. The Sugden Headmaster switches three sources. The RKV can do two. Several others can as well.

May 30, 2002 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the replies, I'm planning to keep it as inexpensive as possible, I'll go with either the Little or Meier's Corda HA-1. With that kind of price range, something like that Musical Fidelity is not possible.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back