Pre-amp for home receiver and motorcycle?
Apr 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

escorial

New Head-Fier
Hi,
This is my first post and also am new to this stuff. What I have been using is a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra Jukebox plugged into my McIntosh 4100 Stereo receiver w/ Klispich Heresy speakers. This I have had for years and it sounded great.

Will I decided to sell the Creative and upgrade to a Cowon D2, I was really suprised when I noticed that the D2 did not have as loud of output as the old Creative. Also the Creative and D2 do double duty as a sound source in my GL1800 Goldwing. The Wing is set up from the factory for a MP3 player.

So now I guess I have to look at pre amps, I did try the Boostaroo and I did not like that at all. Is there anything out there that would fit my application?

The pre-amp would be used mainly in the home and then taken out when I go out on the bike. So I guess I would prefer a Pre-amp that could run off AC and preferably be left plugged in when not in use and have a rechargable battery so when I need to use it its ready to go.

I did speak with Gary at Electric Avenues and he suggested this:
More Information About The Portable Headphone Amplifier

But I know little of these units and would like somthing that is designed for what I want. I did see somthing on this site called a CC somthing pre -amp but can not longer find the post or remember what the full name was?

Price wise I'm looking to spend around $100 but if I can get somthing that would work great for sure and cost less I will not complain.

TIA,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back