power supply recomendations
Sep 24, 2002 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

acs236

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm heading to my home town, Dayton, OH, next week and thought I'd stop by a fairly large electronics surplus store I remember and try to pick up a decent linear power supply for a META42 I'm building. I was wondering some bored individual might look a few specs over and let me know if any they carry would be decent.

The website is www.meci.com.

Thanks!

I'd like it to be at least +/- 12v -- there are a couple that might fit the bill. There are only a couple.

Sep 24, 2002 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 5
(MECI link didn't work for me.) I buy surplus supplies and any of the Power One brand or equivelent are good. I will go poke around on the MECI site and see what's there.

Sep 25, 2002 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 5
There are some decent looking supplies on the web site. Kinda funny though- click on linear power supplies and the first power supply they show on the top of the page looks like a switching supply, not a linear! I think you will do fine if you just pick a well made power supply with the voltage you want. It is kinda handy to get one with a 5 volt output on it too, which can be used to power a portable CD player, at the same time.

Sep 25, 2002 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 5
The only power supply I would be interested is that Lambda at the top, which as Budgie says could well be a switcher. I would suspect, though, that if it is a switcher it's a high-quality one. I searched at www.lambdapower.com, and it appears that this is not a current product.

All the others I see on that site are either too low in voltage or are just generally strange beasts not particularly well-suited to headphone amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back