Post your supreme Dumb^^^ audio moments ^_^
Feb 2, 2021 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

500+ Head-Fier
I have had Z906 speakers for literally like 2 years and thought they sounded ok, got into audiophile stuff (sig related got it all within last 3 months) I just hooked up SPDIF for dolby digital and these crappy speakers sounds ****ing amazing now holy crap how did I go on for so long without knowing this, epic idiot moment

hoping going to balanced AMP/Cables isn't going to be like this due to aforementioned recent purchases

NOW POST YOUR IDIOT MOMENTS SO I FEEL BETTER

Edit-aaaannnnd now I am rewatching the entire one planet series after I just got done watching it damn this sounds good

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 6
I was at a meet-up once with some folks. About three or four of us decided to A/B a pair of DACs, so we set up two laptops one for each DAC, volume matched, figured out how to swap the headphones blind and all that. Then we set to, picking out a nice acoustic Alice In Chains song with some solid imaging cues. A song both of us happened to have in FLAC in our libraries. We thought the two DACs would sound close and we had expected to struggle to find differences. But, surprisingly, the differences stood out remarkably clearly, no struggle at all. Vocals sounded different, guitars, cymbals, just about everything was very different. Clear as day. On each DAC, they sounded like two completely different songs.... Well, turns out they were, in fact, two completely different songs. One was the studio recording, the other was a live recording. Sadly, we didn't quite put two and two together until we noticed one had clapping late in the song. :face_palm:

Feb 2, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 6
The precise point in time when I started this hobby and threw myself into the black hole unchecked was arguably my dumbest audio moment.

Before all this, I was quite content with a pair of earbuds that came free with the latest cellphone :L3000: and a cheap set of computer speakers.

Ignorance is bliss they say.

But now I can never go back..........

Feb 2, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 6
The precise point in time when I started this hobby and threw myself into the black hole unchecked was arguably my dumbest audio moment.

Before all this, I was quite content with a pair of earbuds that came free with the latest cellphone :L3000: and a cheap set of computer speakers.

Ignorance is bliss they say.

But now I can never go back..........
hurts to read your sig after that

almost too much truth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back