Post A Painting Thread
Sep 30, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #17 of 25
His use of combination of colors really brings out the vibrancy of the light reflections.
Probably another that the digital image leaves something out?

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #18 of 25
Probably another that the digital image leaves something out?
Of course. Digital images really can't do justice to actual work. You know that photo images do no justice compared to what your eyes see. The most true representation of what you see is through your eyes, anything else like photos would have some kind/level of filtering due to limitations of the medium.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #19 of 25
Of course. Digital images really can't do justice to actual work. You know that photo images do no justice compared to what your eyes see. The most accurate representation of what you see is through your eyes, anything else like photos would have some kind/level of filtering due to limitations of the medium.
Right, but at least we do have something? And that something is often enjoyable....while never the “full-real-deal”........

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #21 of 25
6BA7E294-03EF-4081-9BDE-DD6B926A3BBD.jpeg

Queen Victoria on horseback - Grant 1845​

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #24 of 25
Christina's World - Andrew Wyeth - Google his portraits. They are very well done. I generally like realists. Degas proclaimed himself to be a realist. And the Renaissance artists. You have to have good technical ability to be realist. Van Gogh can never be a realist. I speculate that the way he sees limits him to see things closest to objectively.

cri_000000165457.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #25 of 25
Hey everyone! It's fascinating how the evolution of art forms has shaped our way of documenting history and storytelling. Paintings have been around for centuries and played a crucial role before the advent of movies and TV. They captured moments and conveyed emotions in ways that photography couldn't always replicate. So, let's embrace this opportunity to share our favorite paintings, whether they're contemporary or classics. By the way, if you're interested in exploring more about art and framing, I recently came across this website called www.frameshop.com.au, which has some cool stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back