Portland, OR May 7, 2016 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #31 of 35
Being an IEM guy, I had fun spending time at the 64 EARS, ALO/CFA, and Noble booths. Glad to try some new (to me anyway) TOTL IEM!

Glad a few peeps stopped by my portable gear table to check out some of the many DAPs & IEM I had out.
beerchug.gif

You guys are making me miss the NW so much. I really want a Voodoo donut RIGHT NOW! The one's that stood out the most to me were the gay bar and the bacon maple. I also miss Bailey's Taproom and the Mexican food from across the street. My wife and I played battleship and hang-man and ate some awesome tacos there before going to see Sunset Rubdown at one of McMenamin's places. Portland is an awesome city! For all the talk of breakfast, I seem to remember Portland as more of a brunch town. You have to plan ahead for your morning grubbing. We didn't plan so well on our last visit and had to wait in line for a long-time.

I really want to hear the 64Ears lineup. I'm most interested in the U10, rather than the U12, because I tend to like a reference sound that isn't terribly warm. If anybody in Portland can convince them to come to Canjam in London, it would be much appreciated.

Next time I go home to Seattle, I'll have to see if anybody is up for a beer or a cocktail. Is Liberty still around in Capitol Hill?

May 16, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #32 of 35

...sorry to hear about the snafu with my cans...sounds like you liked the Magnum V6 build in Burmese Blackwood cups. These two cans are actually my personal builds I keep for myself. I find the two contrast nicely. Next time I send something to a meet, it won't be my daily beaters I guess :). LMAO

Glad you enjoyed them though. Hopefully they made a positive contribution to the meet.

I did enjoy them actually. I was pleasantly surprised. I should have listened to them out of my Trafomatic. that would have complimented them nicely. 

May 16, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #34 of 35

That was the TTVJ loaner he1000 and Teton ( which is an OTL said to be one of the best amplifiers with the HD800). The dac amp was the cayin gear they sent for the meet.

Ah I see. The Cayin-HE1000 sounded pretty good to me! I should have tried the HD800S on the Teton. >.>

Yeah it did ...I am tempted to buy that stack but really am stuck on the whole NOS thing right now thanks to @Soundsgoodtome. I find the stack slightly neutral or a very smidgen bright but it really does offer lots of control and the treble on the stack is not that glaring. I wish I could compare it to the new Audio GD NOS 11 but it will be gone by them. @Cayin really makes a good set up... love it with the Omnis. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back