portable headphone in the Bay Area
Nov 13, 2002 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Linny

New Head-Fier
Hi,

While I'm travelling in the Bay Area, I'm looking for new portable headphone.
I can't live without my MP3 player in the airplane, where I spend at least
10 hours/month

I'm looking for the Koss porta pro or something similar in quality.
Any place between San Jose and San francisco where I could get a good choice.
All the big store are looking for mass market before quality , and I'm looking for
better quality ($50.00-$100.00)

Tx

Nov 13, 2002 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 2
Hmmm...

i've not seen the portapros in an actual store before. how portable do you need them to be? i know circuit city carries the koss ksc-50 (an ear-worn, slightly loose fitting version of the portapro), which is ultra portable and sounds very good at just $15. however, if you're using them on an airplane... perhaps you should opt for something with more isolation? if you can spring for it, the etymotic er-4s is a really nice canal phone with awesome isolation. it is also extremely portable. I don't know of any stores that carry it... but it may be worth looking into. it goes for around $250 or so, though.

if you can deal with larger sized headphones, i know fry's electronics is selling the sony mdr-v6 for 79.99. there are several fry's in the bay area -- onesuch being in fremont. you can find other store locations on their website -- . the sony mdr-v6 is a nice phone that folds up, gives a bit of isolation, and sound pretty nice through almost any source. the frys website is here .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back