Portable Dolby Headphone Processor
Nov 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

heringcheng

New Head-Fier
I am a newcomer to this forum.  Can someone give me some advice on what portable processors are available on the market today that provides Dolby Headphone capability?  Ideally it has Bluetooth receiver built-in so I can stream from my Android smartphone.  But I can live with wired connection.  It seems that the only possibility is the Spider Surround Pro.  I own it but it has too much hiss.  It also only has two modes: music or movie.  The JVC SU-DH1 is not applicable because it does not convert analog stereo source into surround sound.

The ideal unit can take analog as well as HDMI sources; I'd use the latter at home watching Blu-ray movies.  It'd be great if it has built-in amp.

I'd be grateful for any suggestion.  Thanks.

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Couldn't the dolby headphone processing take place in the app on your phone you are using to stream? That way the amp could be any stereo headphone amp.

Nov 30, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Have you tried Cyberlink Power Media Player (the paid version, not the free one). I don't know whether it can do it, but if anything can, I suspect it would be them.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for mentioning it.  I did take a look on the Google Play Store, but unfortunately it does not mention Dolby Headphone.  I know that its desktop brethren PowerDVD does incorporate Dolby Headphone technology.  I wonder if this is an issue with licensing or market (or lack thereof) that so far seems to have prevented such apps from becoming available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back