Portable Desktop Audiophile Package
Mar 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tnili

Head-Fier
I recently purchased this package and have the following questions. Thanks in advanced.

1. Is there a visible indication that the unit is low in battery?

2. If I have access to a power source, can I leave the unit permanently plugged in without worry? Would it affect the performance?

3. What gain setting do you recommend for the Denon AH-D5000?

4. Is it safe to unplug the USB cable from the unit after I have turned it off or would it be better to unplug the USB cable from the computer first?

5. Can the amp handle recordings at 192kHz?

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnili /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Is there a visible indication that the unit is low in battery?

2. If I have access to a power source, can I leave the unit permanently plugged in without worry? Would it affect the performance?

3. What gain setting do you recommend for the Denon AH-D5000?

4. Is it safe to unplug the USB cable from the unit after I have turned it off or would it be better to unplug the USB cable from the computer first?

5. Can the amp handle recordings at 192kHz?

Howdy Tnili,

Many thanks for your HeadRoom purchase!
biggrin.gif

You can indeed leave the Portable Desktop Amp plugged into AC power "full-time" if so desired w/o any worries. The amp's rear panel charge light should glow fainter as the amp loses charge.

For DENON AH-D5000 headphones, we've found either medium or (usually) the 'high-gain' setting typically offers the best performance for those low-sensitivity cans.

You can disconnect the USB cable at any point w/o problems. 192 hi-rez files are easily acceptable via the PDA's optical-digital connection.

Please feel free to reply if any further questions!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back