Portable DAP Advice
Jun 11, 2019 at 9:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

marcus2704

500+ Head-Fier
I currently run my BeyerDynamic T5Ps 2nd Gen headphones using the stock cable and my Samsung S8 phone.

I would like to do the headphones more justice and was looking at a portable DAP, but the options seem bewildering and I was hopeful of advice/recommendations.

I live in the UK and I would spend up to £800GBP. The DAP must be able to play Tidal as this is all I will use, and have an offline mode and the potential for expandable storage.

I looked at the Astell & Kern SR15, the Ibasso DX220, and the far cheaper Fiio. I also looked at using my existing phone with a DAC such as the Dragonfly red as so far as a DAC goes it is pretty portable.

I am hoping that someone far more knowledgeable on these players can give me some guidance as I am scratching my head a bit here.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 2
I am not knowledgeable w/ DAPs. But I care portability. With your present setup. I will...

1. Install UAPP and get the most of the internal DAC of your S8.
2. Buy Dragonfly (or other DAC/Amp) and attached it on a separate case with 3M doublside velcro. Use UAPP to access Tidal.

So will have two setups...1. Daily commute 2. Travel

How about an AIO: LG V40 or the V50 when it comes? With UAPP it does internal MQA with LG Vxx series.

Unless you are really fix of having a DAP...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back