Portable DAC/AMP to drive Focal Elegia
Jun 17, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 18
Two questions: any updated recommendations on driving the Elegia with a portable DAC amp? AND I have an old Pixel 1 phone... could any of these DACs work well with that phone, or should I just upgrade to an iPod touch or something...?

May 3, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #17 of 18
I am driving the Elegia, Clear, Sundara, and Ananda with the Chord Mojo and ifi hipDAC. both work well for all. I usually use single ended (only option on Mojo) but sometimes do balanced using the hipDAC. I use Hart Audio Cable for all and can change the interconnect from single ended 3.5mm to balanced 4.4 mm. I am interested in Mojo2 and hipDAC2 but may invest in a Schitt stack first.

May 3, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #18 of 18
I am very happy with the ifi hip-dac driving the Elegia. Mojo is great but 4 times the price. I think the hip-dac sounds as good and has more power plus balanced output which I use with a Hart Cable.
Any portable DAC/AMP recommendations to drive Focal Elegia or similar $1k closed back headphones?7

Chord mojo still the best option?
I am enjoying the Cayin RU6 with my Elegias (Dekoni Fenestrated Pads). They are plugged into my iPad Pro all day. Very detailed and musical profile. Plenty of bass.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back