Portable Amps with Balanced and Unbalanced Inputs
Oct 6, 2018 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Roen

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a portable Amp without a DAC that takes both Balanced and Unbalanced inputs, something I can carry with me to use to play files from either my phone or portable DAC.

Any recommendations?

Oct 8, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 6
What's your budget? Do you care how large the amp is? Any other requirements?

Ray Samuels has a couple of models. Oriolus BA10. ALO CDM. Mass Kobo 404. Note: some of these options will not be pocket or budget friendly. : )

Upcoming iFi xCAN looks like it will have both balanced and SE ins and outs, but not sure when that's out.

Used, ALO RX MKIIIB or iBasso PB2.

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm looking for a portable Amp without a DAC that takes both Balanced and Unbalanced inputs, something I can carry with me to use to play files from either my phone or portable DAC.

Any recommendations?

Not sure if you're still looking, but I could suggest a RSA SR 71B that takes both balanced in and single ended in, and gives balanced out as well as single ended out.
I have the F35 that is a variation of the SR71B that takes only single ended in.
The SR71B is more flexible, and is also slightly more powerful.
FYI, the F35 can drive my HE560 acceptably.

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 6
Not sure if you're still looking, but I could suggest a RSA SR 71B that takes both balanced in and single ended in, and gives balanced out as well as single ended out.
I have the F35 that is a variation of the SR71B that takes only single ended in.
The SR71B is more flexible, and is also slightly more powerful.
FYI, the F35 can drive my HE560 acceptably.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back