Poking around for new audio setup
Dec 14, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #16 of 21
That amp looks pretty awesome, but it's way out of my price range. The Schiit Magni 2 or the hifiman ef2a are the amps I'm looking at as they are under $175. Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately, that's the only lower-priced piece I can suggest with confidence as a good match for the K702. It comes up in the classifieds fairly often for ~$150.

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #17 of 21
Unfortunately, that's the only lower-priced piece I can suggest with confidence as a good match for the K702. It comes up in the classifieds fairly often for ~$150.

Another potential option is the O2 from mayflower. I am fairly competent with a soldering iron so getting the O2+ODAC kit would be pretty close to my budget and a fun weekend project. I have heard a lot of good things about O2's, but can anyone think of anything I might have to look out for if I go this route? Thanks for all the advice so far!

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #18 of 21
  Another potential option is the O2 from mayflower. I am fairly competent with a soldering iron so getting the O2+ODAC kit would be pretty close to my budget and a fun weekend project. I have heard a lot of good things about O2's, but can anyone think of anything I might have to look out for if I go this route? Thanks for all the advice so far!

I don't know about O2 honestly, given that now magni has gain switch and it sounds so similiar to O2 and it's cheaper, almost no reason to grab O2

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #19 of 21
Has the OP actually heard the Q701? They're not for everyone.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #21 of 21
  Based on the original post I'm assuming no.

That could be a problem then. I always find it best to hear something before I declare I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back