Please help me to make my ASIO work with Foobar
Oct 2, 2006 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Murugesh

100+ Head-Fier
Guys, two questions.....

I installed Foobar yesterday and from then onwards I have been busy tweaking it to make better. I installed ASIO plugin under components directory but I see nothing in Playback-->Output-->ASIO virtual devices. If I click "Add New", it says "No ASIO drivers found". I don't know what's missing here.

I tried to select "Kernel Stream - SigmaTel" as my Output Device (note: SigmaTel is the driver I have in my laptop), it allows me to make that selection but I hear nothing when I play songs. Is there any way to make Kernel Stream work in my case?

Please help me !!!

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 9
Download the ASIO dll for foobar and place it in the components directory.

Download and install ASIO4All. Run it and enable it on your device.

Open foobar's preferences and under Playback > Output, there should now be a ASIO virtual devices section. Select that and hit add new, give it a name if you wish something other than default, then select the different channels (usually default are correct.) Select OK to save the profile. Now go back to the Output category in the preferences and change the output device to ASIO : <Profile Name>.

That should work.

Oct 2, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 9
imanage to get asio to work again with both winamp and foobar.

first download and install foobar asio plugin (this is for older foobar version, not new 9.x)

enable Resampling SSRC for your foobar DSP, to whichever hi-sampling rate your card support.

enable the Asio output plugin for foobar.

install ASIO4ALL, reboot. run ASIO4ALL and choose 'enable' for your soundcard.

Oct 3, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks a lot friends. I followed your instructions and successfully configured ASIO on my laptop. Now I'm comparing the SQ of Kernel Stream Vs ASIO. Kernel stream is playing music a bit sharper than ASIO. I hear violins (Schumann Symphony No.2) piercing a little into my ears. At the sametime I feel ASIO plays the track mellowish and smooth. I like ASIO output. It seems ASIO playback is good for long time listening.

Btw, I'm going to buy Echo Indigo IO to further improve my listening experience.

Dec 23, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #6 of 9
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I figure it's better than starting a redundant one.

I have followed these instructions exactly, but I have an X-Fi and there are three channels to choose from, including Left, Right, and <none>. Which should I choose -- or should I change the mapping for one of these?

Dec 23, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Download the ASIO dll for foobar and place it in the components directory.

Download and install ASIO4All. Run it and enable it on your device.

Open foobar's preferences and under Playback > Output, there should now be a ASIO virtual devices section. Select that and hit add new, give it a name if you wish something other than default, then select the different channels (usually default are correct.) Select OK to save the profile. Now go back to the Output category in the preferences and change the output device to ASIO : <Profile Name>.

That should work.

I have the asiodll, but not Asio4all loaded and it works. Do you have to install Asio4all to get bit perfect or something? Edit: Nevermind, I realized I have native Asio support through Prodigy software.

Dec 24, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for bumping this because I have a similar question. I just got the Digital PC Link and I wanted to see if I have it set up correctly.

I have the ASIO dll in my foobar components folder. I downloaded the ASIO4All and enabled the PC Link ("MD-PORT DG2"). But the icon indicates the MD-PORT as "Beyond Logic" instead of "Running". This seems like it should be a problem, but my music is playing in foobar fine. In foobar, I have the Output Method as "ASIO (dll version)" and the device as "ASIO4ALL v2"

Also in the ASIO4ALL control panel, it indicates the MD-PORT as outputting "2x 4.9-55.0 kHz, 24 bits" which doesn't seem ideal. Shouldn't it be 44.1 kHz, 16 bits? Also the music will not play unless I set the output data format in foobar as "24bit fixed-point padded to 32bit." Anything else like 16 bit fixed point and it refuses to play. This was also the case when I was using a Chaintech AV710 flashed to Prodigy 7.1. Why is this?

I'd appreciate any input.

Dec 24, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #9 of 9
Anybody know?
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back