Please help me choose Head-Direct RE0 vs?
Jan 17, 2009 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hoderlin

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm somewhat in a dilemma here. I want a pair of headphones capable of giving me a nice sound until 100-150€.

I browsed several threads, and came out with:
- Head-Direct RE0
- Sennheiser IE7
- Q-Jays
- Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 vi (I have an iphone)
- Or as a last resort the new apple in-ear headphones

I listen to a lot of classical music, but also some indie-rock. I also want a pair of headphones to listen not in a "over the ear" style, and somewhat discrete (i.e. small).

I would appreciate very much your help!

Thanks

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 6
Would be helpful if you go into more detail.

For example:
Tonality: warm, neutral, bright
(basically lean of frequency response, bass focus, flat, treble focus)

Level of detail: crisp/exact/edgy, detailed/accurate/neutral, smooth/rounded off/soft

Emphasis: bass, midrange, highs
(kind of like tonality but more focused towards certain frequencies)

Presence: laid back, natural, in your face

Weight of note: short and crisp, normal, or full bodied
(more so to describe bass)

These are just examples of what you can look for. Use descriptions like these to describe your ideal sound. Depending on what you want to year, there will be certain earphones that will fit you best and other ones that will not, at all or without a bit of EQing.

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I had a pair of klipsch X10, and didn't liked the bass. I think I would prefer a pair with more detail than bass.

Overall I think I would like an all-rounder, that I will be using intensively at work (> 4 hours), so comfort is an issue.

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 6
More detail than bass? Check out the Phonak Audeos, which are more mid-focused than the X10s, and less money too. Check out the thread here. I own the X10s and the Audeos, and the latter deliver a crisper sound, but have nice tight punchy bass as well.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back