Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This girl look quite cute.

lolcatsdotcom5c6criryv5cot287.jpg

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #47 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-fi seems might douchey right now.

Yeah, the thread has gone off the deep end (my previous post included) reaching to be comical rather than helpful, if the OP was in fact serious and needing suggestions as to how to communicate with a stylist a stated preferred hair style with the answer being contained in the OP, a photo .

So, is the joke on us and we are having fun with it all by one-up ridiculousness in response ? I do think so...

BTW, I like the hairstyle look in that photo and on that person, though high maintenance, no doubt.

I'm sure others may want to get another tatoo and #2 crew - cut in response ... LOL !

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #48 of 60
Well I mean, that haircut may be perfectly acceptable in Japanese/asian countries and cultures... but here in the U.S.A./Canada, you'd get laughed at into oblivion and possibly even beat up. If I saw him with that haircut I wouldn't judge him, I'd say eh whatever that's who he is. But the other 99.9999% of the population will most likely react differently.

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #49 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I mean, that haircut may be perfectly acceptable in Japanese/asian countries and cultures... but here in the U.S.A./Canada, you'd get laughed at into oblivion and possibly even beat up. If I saw him with that haircut I wouldn't judge him, I'd say eh whatever that's who he is. But the other 99.9999% of the population will most likely react differently.

Due to the popularity of East Asian media, I see lot of kids (even non-Asians) having such hairstyles, and I've never seen anyone beat up or openly laughed at. My niece went to school in Greenfield, MA, and I go to college Salem, and the look is quite popular and at the very least acceptable.

And I am slightly annoyed by the somewhat ethnocentric (right term?) comments in the thread, but they were expected.

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #50 of 60
Quote:

You're a real hero.

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #51 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Due to the popularity of East Asian media, I see lot of kids (even non-Asians) having such hairstyles, and I've never seen anyone beat up or openly laughed at. My niece went to school in Greenfield, MA, and I go to college Salem, and the look is quite popular and at the very least acceptable.

And I am slightly annoyed by the somewhat ethnocentric (right term?) comments in the thread, but they were expected.

By beat up, I meant high-school type stuff. Maybe I'm behind the times
redface.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #52 of 60
Quote:

By beat up, I meant high-school type stuff. Maybe I'm behind the times
redface.gif

When I was in high school, "beat up" meant "beat until the other person is unconscious covered in blood, other people jump in, or a teacher stops you".
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #53 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I was in high school, "beat up" meant "beat until the other person is unconscious covered in blood, other people jump in, or a teacher stops you".
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah yep. I was thinking more along the lines of getting shoved into lockers and getting pushed around.

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #54 of 60
So, beamthegreat, how about responding with a conclusion to this thread you posted.

Serious , or was this a joke ?

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't that considered an 'emo' look which actually is quite popular with these hipster kids nowadays.

The kids that everyone hate. Emo kids/weeaboo kids just suck at life. [/semi-sarcastic]

I'm sure they're nice, but they're so damn clique-y. And strange...

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #57 of 60
Successful troll is successful. He never posted again. lol

I think a Hard Gay haircut would be much better.
hard-gay-unmasked1.jpg

hard-gay-motivational.jpg

Haaardoo Gay FOOOOO!!!

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, beamthegreat, how about responding with a conclusion to this thread you posted.

Serious , or was this a joke ?

No, this isnt a joke and all i said I wanted was his HAIRCUT I NEVER SAID THAT I WANTED TO LOOK LIKE HIM.

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #60 of 60
I haven't LOL'd this much in a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back