PLEAE HELP: No sound with Macbook Air and Modi
Sep 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Textfeud

1000+ Head-Fier
So I have a very very weird problem. I can't get sound out of my Schiit Modi and Vali with my Macbook Air. Now here is the weird part. Both USB ports won't give sound. BUT both USB ports work just fine. I tried it with my active speakers and some usb sticks and everything works just as it should. Tried the Modi and Vali on my iMac and works great there. So that means: the Schiit Modi and Vali work and the USB ports on my Macbook Air work. It even recognizes the Schiit Modi when I connect it but NO SOUND. And yes the headphone is plugged in and I switched USB cables to see if that was the problem :wink:

What could the issue be and how can I fix it? Already tried the Option, Command, P, R reboot. 

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 7
Go to sound settings and make sure output is set to Modi. This has happened to me before.

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Well, if everything is working on its own then some setting on the Mac must be incorrect.

Make sure you media players volume isn't muted.

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 7
Already did. I forgot to mention. First one USB port stopped working with this setup and just now the other. But the USB ports work with everything else which is weird. Settings in Audirvana are working. Audio Midi Setup is correct and output too. 

Is there like a USB Port history I can delete or something lol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back